Friday, June 3, 2016

To Choke an Eagle

All eagles told her
in love,in anger
even in despair
"All eagles are meant to fly,
for we are the rulers of sky.
The grounds are realms.
of ignorant mortal men."

Under the gaze of disappointment
of her parents,teachers and siblings
she replied,
"Father,mother and rest,
I know flying is what we do best
But wings mean nothing to me
for hollow skies is all i see.
Ground is where i roam
for now it is my home."

"Let me walk, let me go"
she said countless times.
Her tender heart,
overburdened and broken,
wept in words unspoken.
Her Majestic Wings,
resting on ground,
Her soul earth bound.

"You disgust us, you are a disgrace"
as she saw her father and her mother
join the crowd in chanting
Her claws pierced her chest,
putting her heart to rest.
She lay on her home, blood soaked
An eagle,choked.