Wednesday, September 25, 2013

The Last Battle.














A fierce battle long played is coming to an end
blood was spilled
sacrifices were made 
in the name of victory.
For those who have left this land
their echoes are all that is left
for their names are lost
and victory doesn't mean anything to them.

My queen it stands beside me
My knight is all that is left
My Rook it was defeated , so was my bishop.
My Pawns move on swiftly plundering the enemy treasures
My knight commands them
For it is all that is left.

Standing in this battlefield
I start my last plot
the enemy still holds strong 
with Queen Knight and Rook.
A battle of wits was it
for our strength matched.
Now is the time for my knight 
to show its loyalty
for his sacrifice is needed to win this battle

Knight pledges he will destroy the enemy
As he makes his move a black pawn pierces a tiny sword
in his heart , holding his sword in hand
the white knight fells from his horse
hoping he served his kingdom well enough
he  takes his last breath

I sit smiling 
unaffected by the death of a valiant soldier 
my queen makes her move
entering swiftly the enemy's boundary
killing their pawn
it destroys the black knight 
the black queen follows her 
while my pawn rises further.

In the last step my white queen
Comes from behind the black king 
And my pawn from the front
Watching helplessly the black queen and the black rook cries
As the words leave my lips CHECKMATE
And the Black king dies.

A fierce battle long played has ended
Blood was spilled
Sacrifices were made 
In the name of victory.
For those who have left this land
Their echoes are all that is left
For their names are lost
And victory now doesn't mean anything to them.